Thursday, November 3, 2011

Red Laser Bar Code App Puts Comparison Shopping @ Your Fingertips

What if you could scan a product and compare its price in stores nearby. Okay that was easy. Of course you can!

Now, what if the store nearest you would match their competitor's price? Many, if not most, will and do.

For example, my handy friend (my handyman is my friend) bought a doorknob set at Home Depot. Upon scanning it with my Red Laser app, I found that the same set was available at the neighborhood Ace Hardware for $6 less.

My handy friend buys lots of doorknob sets. In one condo alone there are six to replace. He's done six condo renovations so far.

Let's see, at 36 x $6= that's $216, nearly a month's home assessment fees, a round trip ticket to New York,  a good amount to stash in my savings account-- for more knobs toward a new condo.

The Red Laser app puts more time and money in my hands. From groceries and books to clothing, shoes and doorknobs-- anything with a barcode, it provides the suggested retail price.

If your Mama didn't tell you, I am: you better shop around!

Red Laser is currently a free app.
$$

No comments:

Post a Comment