Friday, October 28, 2011

Put Your Smartphone to Work

Not one to upgrade my phone, I'd probably still have this one if it worked.


I downloaded Amazon's app this morning. The commercials piqued my curiosity. The app lets you snap pics of items on your smart phone and it shows you how much it would cost to buy them at the website.

So I grabbed an old book off the shelf and uploaded this grainy one-take shot in the app. Mind you, this was not the barcode, but this picture of the book:


In seconds it came back with this:

Cha ching!

I'd been reading about online booksellers who use barcode tech to buy and resell books. As a frequenter of thrift stores, garage and library sales....

Well, you know where I'm going with this.

I started selling textbooks on Amazon years ago after buying lots of them. Once I won an iPod docking station when I didn't have an iPod and sold it there. I was hooked. Sign up was free and easy and getting paid was easier still. This was when I had to input ISBN numbers online and a lot of other steps.

Now all I have to do is snap a picture and it does the work for me? Duh, I'm all in!

I say put your smartphones to work. There are probably books and other items like video games-- even VHS tapes-- that you seldom if ever use at home. Instead of loading them up for donations, giving them away or letting them gather dust, why not shoot, post and sell your way to few extra dollars on Amazon.com?

Two quick ways to save money: reduce your expenses and increase your income. Reselling is a resourceful way to do both.

One man's junk is still another man's treasure. Amazon puts junk and treasure matches together on an international scale bringing joy and rewards to both seller and buyer.

Resourcefulness is priceless. Simply use what you got to get what you need.

By the way, I'm looking for a Spirograph. I loved this thing as a kid.


$$

Coming soon:
Comparison Shopping @ Your Fingertips
Want A Skinny Waist & A Fat Wallet?










No comments:

Post a Comment