Friday, November 30, 2012

Potty Training and Mustangs

At work today, I ran into Randy from the mailroom. When I asked him what was his latest and greatest, he said his toddler had used his Disney Cars potty chair for the first time last night.
As a parent, I remember the elation of potty training victory for my kids and our household.
His son is motivated. He wants to go to school with his older brother. The catch is he’s got to be housebroken and wearing big boy pants.
To wit, I asked Randy if he knew about cloth training pants. He didn’t.
A disposable 50-count pack of Huggies Pull-ups run $14.77 at Wal Mart.
A cotton set of three count Gerber Baby All-in-One training pants will set you back $7.  While you’ve got to wash them, they’re good for the environment.

Most of all, my experience has been that using cotton training gear accelerates the learning process.
While the disposable variety feature elastic waistbands and pull on like regular underwear, the wetness is wicked away.
The ultra absorbent cloth underwear, on the other hand, provides just enough discomfort to urge the child back to the potty chair.
I told Randy if he’d only make the All-in-Ones part of his training arsenal he might be well on his way to saving for a car of his own!



How’s that for frugal?
$$