Monday, October 24, 2011

Pack Your Lunch & Save $2,000+ A Year



For as long as I can remember I’d spend no less than $10 a day for lunch. I justified the expense as a break from the office and would eat out daily without fail. I absolutely never took my lunch from home.  This was my practice for more than a decade of my working life.

Those days are gone.
At $50 a week that quickly adds up:

$50 week x 4 weeks = $200 month x12 months – give or take a two-week vacay, a few days off here and there, the occasional non-Dutch outing, office-sponsored lunch and those    forgot-my-money involuntary fasts—and that’s $2,400 a year. 

Did I really eat $24,000 worth of lunches over 10 years? You better believe I did! Earlier this year I lost 50 pounds of the evidence. Let’s just say I gave new meaning to “penny wise pound foolish”.

With just a bit of advanced planning and prep, you can create delicious lunches for pennies on the dollar. From sandwiches and salads to planned overs, you can save a couple grand each year.

To sweeten the pot, pay yourself and watch your lunch money stash grow.

photo credit  pan bagnat.(Irfan Khan / Los Angeles Times)

No comments:

Post a Comment