Monday, October 24, 2011

Cash, Gas or Apples (Nobody Rides Free)

Okay I fess up. There was a bumper sticker from the 70s that went something like that.

Only the "apples" in my title was replaced with "ass." I remember reading that sticker that seemed to  be plastered on nearly every semi truck my mom and I passed traveling Interstate 95 from Daytona Beach, FL to a tiny Alabama town called Brewton to visit my grandparents.

Seems that Jacksonville, Florida-based Winn Dixie grocery stores has revived the notion with their new money-saving program called
fuelperks!® 

This is how it works.

You sign up for the store's reward card on line or in the store. Each purchase you make goes toward reducing the price per gallon of gas at participating gas stations.

You have to eat. And in the Southeast where most Winn Dixie stores are located, you have to drive. What a stroke of brilliance, Winn Dixie, for helping us save on both.

Sign up for fuelperks!® today and hit the road. While you're at it, pack a lunch... and an apple or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment